Tacoma falls at El Paso 9-4 after starter David Rollins was roughed up.
The Tacoma Rainiers will wrap up their season Monday in El Paso, Texas.
The Rainiers lost Sunday 9-4 to the Chihuahuas. Tacoma starter David Rollins gave up seven runs on 12 hits over 32/3 innings. He fell to 0-3 and has a 9.61 ERA. Sebastian Ochoa was 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI.
Everett gave up four runs in the first inning and lost to visiting Tri-Cities 5-3 in its penultimate regular-season game.
Everett, which won the Northwest League North Division’s first-half title, learned its playoff foe Sunday. It will play second-half champ Spokane starting on Wednesday at home.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- 'The future of basketball' plays at Federal Way High School. His name is Jaden McDaniels.
- 'I'm in a way better spot': Back with Mariners on minor-league deal, Dustin Ackley is hopeful, and realistic
- Not allowing a basket for nearly half the game, UW makes Utah latest victim of swarming defense VIEW
- The Huskies have returned to prominence in the Pac-12, and so has the roar on Montlake