Tacoma has been affiliated with the Mariners since 1995
The Tacoma Rainiers of the Pacific Coast League will remain the Mariners’ Triple A farm club through at least the 2014 season.
Tacoma announced a four-year extension of the player-development contract on Tuesday. The minor league club says the deal is one of the few four-year affiliations in baseball.
Team president Aaron Artman says Tacoma is excited to continue the partnership while playing in what will be a renovated Cheney Stadium in 2011. Artman says the Mariners have helped to ensure the $30 million renovation — the first major remodel of the stadium in 51 years.
Tacoma has been affiliated with the Mariners since 1995.
Most Read Sports Stories
- ESPN brings 'College GameDay' to Pullman, but it's the Cougar fans who put on a show
- ESPN College GameDay in Pullman: Highlights, best signs from a party on the Palouse
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from No. 15 UW Huskies' 27-13 win vs. Colorado
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies GameCenter: Live updates, highlights from No. 15 UW's 27-13 win over Colorado Buffaloes WATCH
• At Boise, Idaho, the Everett AquaSox (12-8 in second half, 39-19 overall) beat the Boise Hawks 7-1 in Northwest League play.
• At Tacoma, Albuquerque beat the Rainiers 8-4. Dustin Ackley was 1 for 5.