Tacoma scores most runs in a game in two seasons.
The Tacoma Rainiers scored the most runs in a game sine 2016, beating the River Cats 15-5 on Sunday afternoon in Sacramento, Calif.
Kirk Nieuwenhuis was 2 for 5 with a homer and four RBI for Tacoma, and John Andreoli was 2 for 5 with homer and three RBI. Cameron Perkins, coming off a four-hit game Saturday, was 3 for 6 with a double and two RBI.
Christian Bergman got the win for the Rainiers, giving up a run on six hits over five innings. He struck out three and walked four.
The Rainiers and River Cats wrap up the four-game series Monday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW Huskies earn first NCAA tournament bid in 8 years as Pac-12 squeezes 3 teams in
- Top-seeded Huskies fall flat again against Oregon in Pac-12 tournament championship
- Analysis: Does Russell Wilson really want to leave the Seahawks for the New York Giants?
- The Huskies have their coach of the future in Mike Hopkins. But they're 'just getting started.'
- On Selection Sunday, Huskies' only worries are where they're going and who they're playing