Tacoma scores most runs in a game in two seasons.
The Tacoma Rainiers scored the most runs in a game sine 2016, beating the River Cats 15-5 on Sunday afternoon in Sacramento, Calif.
Kirk Nieuwenhuis was 2 for 5 with a homer and four RBI for Tacoma, and John Andreoli was 2 for 5 with homer and three RBI. Cameron Perkins, coming off a four-hit game Saturday, was 3 for 6 with a double and two RBI.
Christian Bergman got the win for the Rainiers, giving up a run on six hits over five innings. He struck out three and walked four.
The Rainiers and River Cats wrap up the four-game series Monday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' Jean Segura sure hit like an All-Star Game MVP, but maybe this was another snub
- UW Huskies fall preview: How can Vita Vea be replaced on the defensive line?
- Analysis: Is Richard Sherman right? Have the Seahawks lost their way?
- Ranking the Seahawks roster | Positions 75-61: The land of intriguing roster-spot battles
- After four decades in football, three Super Bowl rings, UW great Ray Horton is finally retired (he thinks)