Tacoma scores most runs in a game in two seasons.
The Tacoma Rainiers scored the most runs in a game sine 2016, beating the River Cats 15-5 on Sunday afternoon in Sacramento, Calif.
Kirk Nieuwenhuis was 2 for 5 with a homer and four RBI for Tacoma, and John Andreoli was 2 for 5 with homer and three RBI. Cameron Perkins, coming off a four-hit game Saturday, was 3 for 6 with a double and two RBI.
Christian Bergman got the win for the Rainiers, giving up a run on six hits over five innings. He struck out three and walked four.
The Rainiers and River Cats wrap up the four-game series Monday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks' 2018 regular-season schedule includes five primetime games, bye following trip to London
- We all love him, but it's time for the Mariners to release Ichiro | Stone
- For players like Felix Hernandez, conditions in their homeland of Venezuela are sickening
- Analysis: Rating the Seahawks' 2018 schedule game-by-game
- Was reading books in meetings why the Seahawks traded Michael Bennett?