Tacoma scores most runs in a game in two seasons.
The Tacoma Rainiers scored the most runs in a game sine 2016, beating the River Cats 15-5 on Sunday afternoon in Sacramento, Calif.
Kirk Nieuwenhuis was 2 for 5 with a homer and four RBI for Tacoma, and John Andreoli was 2 for 5 with homer and three RBI. Cameron Perkins, coming off a four-hit game Saturday, was 3 for 6 with a double and two RBI.
Christian Bergman got the win for the Rainiers, giving up a run on six hits over five innings. He struck out three and walked four.
The Rainiers and River Cats wrap up the four-game series Monday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Doug Baldwin a game-time decision against Vikings, plus a surprise addition to Seahawks' injury report WATCH
- Days after groundbreaking, KeyArena could be getting a new contractor as renovation costs soar
- Rod Jones, standout tight end on Huskies' 1984 Orange Bowl team, dies from suicide at age 54
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- How much have the Mariners improved their farm system after GM Jerry Dipoto's series of trades?