Tacoma starter throws seven shutout innings in a 6-2 win over the Aces.
Nathan Bannister tossed seven shutout innings Friday night as the Tacoma Rainiers beat the Reno Aces 6-2 to open a series at Cheney Stadium. Bannister gave up five hits, struck out two and walked none.
Daniel Vogelbach was 2 for 4 with a double and an RBI for Tacoma, and Gordon Beckham was 1 for 2 with a homer, two RBI and two walks. Taylor Motter hit his sixth homer since being sent down by the Mariners.
Boise 11, Everett 8
The AquaSox saw their four-game win streak come to an end in a series-opening loss to the Hawks. Boise starter Ryan Luna got the win despite giving up eight runs, but only one was earned.
Eugene Helder was 1 for 5 with a double and three RBI for Everett.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Seattle leaders look to push ‘refresh’ button with Amazon for ‘a new relationship’
- Body of missing Lynnwood boy, 6, found in dumpster; relative in custody
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Boeing rivals Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet seen as threat to 737