Keep track of all the Mariners' potential moves at the trade deadline with our constantly updating rumors post.
The MLB non-waiver trade deadline is approaching, and with the Mariners firmly in the Wild Card chase, they appear to be buyers.
The club bolstered their bullpen Thursday, acquiring right-handed reliever David Phelps from the Marlins for four prospects. Despite a lacking farm system, they don’t figure to be done. After all, Jerry Dipoto is at the helm.
Above is a live feed of verified Twitter accounts from MLB newsbreakers. Keep track of all the rumors and whispers surrounding the M’s leading up to July 31 with this post, which we’ll be constantly updating:
Thursday, July 20 – 1 p.m. There aren’t likely many — if any — prospects in the Mariners’ system who are untouchable. According to the TNT’s Bob Dutton, the M’s are “willing to trade” No. 2-ranked Tyler O’Neill but “no inclination” to move last year’s first-round pick, outfielder Kyle Lewis, who is still recovering from a season-ending knee injury he suffered last year.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 mailbag: Kliavkoff’s culpability, expansion options, WSU's connections and more
- Analysis: USC and UCLA bolt for Big Ten. So what's next for UW and the rest of the Pac-12?
- UW faces stark decision in USC-UCLA fallout — leave Pac-12 or be content in declining conference
- Abraham Toro rewards Mariners with walkoff win after George Kirby rebounds admirably vs. A's
- Breanna Stewart makes 'spicy' trade for Sue Bird, drafts Jewell Loyd in WNBA All-Star selection show
Thursday, July 20 – 10:10 a.m. The Mariners confirm the trade, with comments from Dipoto.
Thursday, July 20 – 9 a.m. Passan on the full trade details:
Thursday, July 20 – 7:52 a.m. The deal appears to be done. Yahoo’s Jeff Passan reports David Phelps to the Mariners is “imminent.”
Wednesday, July 19 – 10:44 p.m. Multiple reports, first by MLB.com’s Mark Feinsand, say the Mariners are closing in on a deal for a bullpen arm.
Wednesday, July 19 – 7 a.m. MLB.com’s Jon Morosi reports the Mariners could be targeting Giants and Padres pitchers.