Follow along live as the Mariners (2-1) take on the Giants (2-2) in the opening game of a two-game series and Seattle first road trip of the season.
Mariners (2-1) @ Giants (2-2)
1:35 p.m. | AT&T Park, San Francisco, Calif.
Fresh off an opening series win against Cleveland, the Mariners (2-1) hit the road for the first time to take on the San Francisco Giants (2-2) Tuesday afternoon at AT&T Park.
The M’s will be missing two of their biggest power sources in Mike Zunino, who began the season on the DL with a quad strain, and Nelson Cruz, who landed on the DL Tuesday after twisting his ankle during Saturday’s game in the dugout. But despite the injuries, the M’s boast one of the more potent lineups in baseball, including Mitch Haniger, who leads baseball in batting average and on-base percentage thus far.
On the mound for the M’s will be left-hander Marco Gonzales, who had a stellar spring training and will be looking to prove himself after a rough debut with Seattle last season. The Giants will send Ty Blach to the hill, who got the opening day win for San Francisco against the Dodgers.
First pitch is at 1:35 p.m. Follow along live with us for updates, highlights and more, and catch the game on ROOT Sports (ch. 30) or on air at 710 ESPN Seattle.
More Mariners news:
- Mariners place Nelson Cruz on 10-day disabled list
- The Mariners’ offensive firepower is a force to be reckoned with
- Poll: How many games will the Mariners win on their road trip?
- Extra Innings podcast: Wrapping up the Mariners’ first series, making World Series and award picks
- Dee Gordon, Mitch Haniger supply power in Mariners’ 5-4 victory over Indians