Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch, stream Monday Night Football vs. Chicago Bears
- Where was Chris Carson in Seahawks' loss to Bears? Pete Carroll has an explanation --- or two
- Only groups standing between Seattle and NHL, new KeyArena are those that want them most | Inside the NHL
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' loss to the Chicago Bears on Monday Night Football
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.