Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: With the roster just about complete, have the Seahawks made themselves better?
- Quentin Moore, the top 2021 JUCO tight end, verbally commits to UW Huskies
- Could Seahawks sign Antonio Brown? It's unlikely and maybe unadvised but not impossible
- Russell Wilson may want Seahawks to sign Antonio Brown, but a lot would have to happen first
- Will coronavirus concerns wipe out high-school football this fall? WIAA says it's too soon to tell
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.