Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pete Carroll: Ziggy Ansah could play 'considerably' vs. Saints; officials didn't see hit on Russell Wilson WATCH
- KeyArena interior completely gutted as officials prepare for final excavation work ahead of rebuild VIEW
- Not everything is rosy, but the Seahawks are 2-0 and 'just getting warmed up' | Larry Stone
- Sounders supporters group walks out to protest ejection of leader for displaying Iron Front flag
- Report card: Bob Condotta grades the Seahawks' Week 2 win vs. the Steelers | Analysis
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.