Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's cooking days are over, as long as Pete Carroll remains the Seahawks' coach
- By backing Raphael Warnock against Kelly Loeffler, Sue Bird and the WNBA helped flip the Senate
- Analysis: Before hiring offensive coordinator, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll must meet Russell Wilson in the middle
- The Seahawks' early playoff exits are starting to take a toll on Pete Carroll's reputation
- Seahawks position overview: Can a new OC take Russell Wilson to new heights in 2021?
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.