Reliever Joaquin Benoit had a 3.60 ERA in five games with the Mariners this season.
The Mariners have placed relief pitcher Joaquin Benoit on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation and recalled reliever Mayckol Guaipe from Class AAA Tacoma.
Benoit, 38, hasn’t pitched since last Thursday, when he gave up two runs, including a home run, against Cleveland. His stint on the disabled list is retroactive to last Friday.
Benoit has made five appearances for the Mariners this season, all in the eighth inning.
Guaipe, 25, has a 2.16 ERA and three saves in six games for the Rainiers this season. He made his major-league debut with the Mariners last season but struggled at this level. He had a 5.40 ERA over 21 games with the Mariners last season.
Most Read Sports Stories
- UW men's basketball coach Mike Hopkins recovers nicely after player exodus, but questions remain
- Three-star 2022 quarterback Jackson Stratton announces commitment to UW Huskies
- Analysis: What could the Seahawks' initial 53-player roster look like? Here's an early guess
- Here's how the NHL and Kraken plan to showcase Seattle with a televised expansion draft 'event'
- Jordin Canada has soared with the Storm. With a contract year on the horizon, she's just focused on taking Seattle to new heights.
We will meet with manager Scott Servais this afternoon and see what this means for the deployment of the bullpen.