Nelson Cruz hit a monster 493-foot homer on Saturday against the Twins. Watch it here:
Crushed. Obliterated. Pulverized. Mashed.
There might not be a verb in the English language to adequately describe how hard Nelson Cruz hit a baseball on Saturday evening in Minnesota. Luckily, we have stats and video that do that moonshot far more justice than words can.
The homer lifted off at 114 miles per hour and crashed down 493 feet away in the third deck overlooking left field. The 493-foot blast is second only to Giancarlo Stanton’s 495-foot homer in August.
Here is the mesmerizing video. We doubt you’ll be able to watch just once.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Despite taking the long road to his dream school, LB transfer Demario King is ready to make an immediate impact at UW
- Speculation has started, but here's why it doesn't make sense for Seahawks and Russell Wilson to split
- The MLB lockout hurts everywhere but especially in Seattle where hope has rarely been higher
- Seahawks DC candidate list up to 4 as they reportedly request to interview Joe Whitt Jr.
- Huskies men, minus coach Mike Hopkins, win third straight, defeating Oregon State
— #Statcast (@statcast) September 25, 2016