Video of Scott Servais talking about the Mariners' 10-2 victory over the Rangers on Tuesday night, notching his first win as a big league manager and the heated exchange in the eighth inning.
Mariners manager Scott Servais picked up his first win as Major League manager, or a manager of any sort, on Tuesday night at Globe Life Park with a 10-2 win victory over the Rangers.
Seattle blew open a 4-2 game in the eighth inning doing most of the damage against former reliever Tom Wilhelmsen. Robinson Cano and Seth Smith hit homers off of Wilhelmsen. Tempers flared when Wilhelmsen hit Chris Iannetta in the thigh with the first pitch following Smith’s homer. Iannetta had words for Wilhelmsen while Servais and Jeff Bannister exchanged some unpleasantries as well.
In the video above, he discusses the eighth inning and his first win.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Questions surround ex-Seahawk Earl Thomas' personal life, NFL legacy after arrest
- Former Sonic Spencer Haywood calls his portrayal in HBO's 'Winning Time' a 'blessing'
- Analysis: Where do the Seahawks stand in terms of free agency?
- Former UAB LB and All-Conference USA standout Kristopher Moll announced graduate transfer to UW Huskies
- Ex-UW standout Kelsey Plum is ‘un-guardable,’ first-year Las Vegas coach Becky Hammon says