The Mariners made a minor roster move on Wednesday after outfielder Daniel Robertson cleared waivers. Also links to a podcast with Larry Stone and Ryan Divish discussing the Mariners and a video link to a MLB Network interview with Divish.
The Mariners made a minor roster move on Wednesday. Outfielder Daniel Robertson, who was designated for assignment earlier in the week to make room for Hisashi Iwakuma, cleared waivers and was outrighted to Class AAA Tacoma.
The Mariners claimed Robertson off waivers on Nov. 6 from the Angels. He made two stints in the big leagues, hitting .280 (21-for-75) with 10 runs, two doubles and seven RBI in 37 games. He spent the rest of the season with Class AAA Salt Lake, hitting .265 (65-for-245) with 16 doubles, a home run and 20 RBI in 60 games. Robertson has played in 107 MLB games betweent 2014 (Rangers) and 2015, posting a .274 (69-for-252) batting average with 33 runs, 11 doubles, 1 triple and 28 RBI in 107 games
Seattle also lost a player on a waivers claim. Left-handed pitcher Rob Rasmussen, who was designated for assignment on Dec. 14 to make room on the 40-man roster for Steve Cishek, was claimed by the Angels. Rasmussen went 2-1 with a 10.67 ERA in 19 relief appearances for the Mariners. He was acquired from the Blue Jays on July 31 as part of the trade that sent Mark Lowe to Toronto.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former Kennedy Catholic WR standout Lonyatta 'Junior' Alexander announces transfer from ASU to Washington
- Analysis: Here are 12 items that should be on the Seahawks' offseason to-do list
- Even the Sounders can't believe they landed Albert Rusnak. Here's why the star midfielder chose Seattle.
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- 'We are more than just athletes': Bobby Wagner showed deeper side in thought-provoking media sessions
On Tuesday, Larry Stone and I were on SportsRadio KJR with Jason Puckett and Curtis Crabtree for an hour, discussing the Mariners and their moves this offseason. Here’s the podcast.
[kjr2014 url=”http://media.iheart.com/player/embed.html?autoStart=false&useFullScreen=true&mid=26602103&siteid=645&share=http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media/play/ian-and-puck-show-1222-hour-26602103/” frameborder=”0″ ” height=”370″ /]
On Wednesday, I was on MLB Network’s MLB Now show, discussing the Mariners.