The Mariners finalized their 2016 schedule with start times for all 162 games. They also announced their promotions for the home portion of the schedule, including bobblehead nights and other giveaways.
The Mariners and Major League Baseball have finalized the schedules for the 2016 season, adding in start times for every game. Prior to today, several road games still were listed as “to be announced” for start times. But it’s now all done, so people planning on making a road trip to see the Mariners can adjust accordingly.
Here’s a link to a downloadable version of that schedule
Besides the finalized schedule, the Mariners announced their promotional schedule for the 2016 home games. Regardless of your feelings on bobbleheads, fireworks nights and other giveaways, they are big draws for every MLB team – so they won’t be going away any time soon. (I have a Fernando Rodney bobblehead if anyone is in need of a paper weight).
Here’s the list of nights for people interested in bobbleheads.
- Nelson Cruz “Boomstick” (above) — April 30 vs. Kansas City)
- Kyle Seager — May 14 vs. L.A. Angels
- Felix Hernandez — June 24 vs. St. Louis
- Robinson Canó — July 16 vs. Houston
- Ken Griffey Jr. Hall of Fame — August 5 vs. L.A. Angels
Most Read Sports Stories
- 'You mean the nicest guy in camp': Evan White is the future at first base for the Mariners
- Bobby Wagner remains a constant at linebacker for Seahawks but there could be a lot of change elsewhere | 2019 position analysis
- Co-defensive coordinator Jimmy Lake staying at Washington, with a smile on his face | Matt Calkins
- For the Pac-12, the road to the NCAA tournament goes through Washington
- Three impressions from UW's 72-70 win at WSU: Huskies are close to locking up the Pac-12 title WATCH
Obviously, the Ken Griffey Jr. Hall of Fame weekend will be a pretty big deal for the Mariners and fans. They will retire Griffey’s No. 24 as part of the weekend that celebrates his induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame. It’s already been announced, but here’s a recap of what will be offered that weekend.
- August 5 — Ken Griffey Jr. Bobblehead Night (first 20,000 fans, courtesy of ROOT SPORTS)
- August 6 — #24 Retirement Ceremony with replica Hall of Fame plaques (first 20,000 fans)
- August 7 — Griffey Replica Jersey Day (first 20,000 fans).
Hats have become a favorite giveaway. For those of you with heads small enough to fit into moderately-sized hats, here’s the nights they will be given away.
- Fourth annual Beard Hat Night (first 20,000 fans, April 29 vs. Kansas City)
- Mariners “Bomber” hat (first 15,000 fans, May 27 vs. Minnesota)
- Turn Back the Clock mid-80s Mariners cap (first 20,000 fans, June 25 vs. St. Louis)
- Mariners Fedora (first 20,000 fans, July 15 vs. Houston)
- Salute to Native American Day themed caps (first 10,000 fans 21 & over, Sept. 18 vs. Astros).
Fireworks nights have also become popular at Safeco for fans. There will be four of them after these games:
- May 27 vs. Minnesota
- June 10 vs. Texas
- July 1 vs. Baltimore
- August 19 vs. Milwaukee
As a dog person, the Bark at the Park promotion is pretty cool. There will be three of them for you folks wanting to bring your best friend to the game. Here’s the dates:
- May 24 vs. Oakland
- August 9 vs. Detroit
- September 6 vs. Texas
Other giveaways include:
- Mariners Socks Night, first 20,000 fans, May 13 vs. L.A. Angels
- “K” Beach Towel Night, first 15,000 fans, June 11 vs. Texas
- Mariners Cooler Bag Night, first 15,000 fans, July 2 vs. Baltimore
The rest of the promotions are listed below.
Here’s the full schedule:
Here’s the full promotional schedule: