Final | Mariners 11, Astros 1
LHP Marco Gonzales (9.00 ERA) vs. RHP Jake Odorizzi (4.50 ERA)
6:42 p.m. | T-Mobile Park | Seattle
TV: ROOT Sports | Radio: 710 AM
Mariners rout Astros 11-1 behind timely hitting and Marco Gonzales’ strong outing in 2022 home opener
Much to the delight of the 45,023 fans bundled up for a Friday evening at T-Mobile Park, they got both as the Mariners did the drubbing in an 11-1 victory over Houston.
Gonzales delivered a stellar outing, pitching seven innings and allowing one run on four hits with no walks, a hit batter and six strikeouts.
Meanwhile, the offseason additions to the Mariners’ lineup, specifically infielder Adam Frazier, outfielder Jesse Winker and third baseman Eugenio Suarez, led a balanced offensive attack that provided a delicious example of what might be possible on a given night.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 mailbag: Kliavkoff’s culpability, expansion options, WSU's connections and more
- Pac-12 survival guide: Five forces that will define the path to salvation, or extinction
- Breanna Stewart makes 'spicy' trade for Sue Bird, drafts Jewell Loyd in WNBA All-Star selection show
- Mariners outfielder Kyle Lewis begins rehab assignment with Class AAA Tacoma
- Abraham Toro rewards Mariners with walkoff win after George Kirby rebounds admirably vs. A's