The Mariners announced their 25-man roster on Sunday. There were no surprises with the remaining roster moves.
The Mariners have announced their opening day 25-man roster for the 2016 season. The remaining roster moves went as expected.
- Right-handed pitcher Joel Peralta was selected from Class AAA Tacoma and added to the 40-man roster and the active 25-man roster.
- Right-handed pitchers Donn Roach and Blake Parker, first baseman Efren Navarro and outfielder Daniel Robertson were re-assigned to minor league camp. All four will be assigned to Class AAA Tacoma in the coming days.
- Catcher Rob Brantly, who was out of minor league options, was designated for assignment. The Mariners will wait to see if he clears waivers to see what happens with him.
- For people interested in jersey numbers. Dae-Ho Lee has switched to No. 10 for the season, while recently acquired reliever Nick Vincent will wear No. 50
Here’s the Mariners’ opening day roster:
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 mailbag: Kliavkoff’s culpability, expansion options, WSU's connections and more
- Pac-12 survival guide: Five forces that will define the path to salvation, or extinction
- Breanna Stewart makes 'spicy' trade for Sue Bird, drafts Jewell Loyd in WNBA All-Star selection show
- Abraham Toro rewards Mariners with walkoff win after George Kirby rebounds admirably vs. A's
- Ray and Rodriguez spark Mariners' 2-1 victory over Oakland