In his debut with the Rainiers, Wong’s seventh-inning homer gives Tacoma a 3-2 victory.
Joey Wong hit a two-run home run in the seventh inning to lift the Tacoma Rainiers to a 3-2 victory over the El Paso Chihuahuas on Tuesday night at Cheney Stadium.
Wong, who was 2 for 3, was just called up from Class AA Arkansas.
Daniel Vogelbach homered in the fourth for Tacoma’s other run. It was Vogelbach’s 17th homer of the season.
Tacoma starter Sam Gaviglio allowed two runs, one earned, on five hits in five innings with six strikeouts and no walks.
At Vancouver 4, Everett 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Liberty wined and dined Breanna Stewart, but she returned to the Storm. What's going to happen next year?
- After falling into last place, Mariners season passes infuriating and moves into depressing
- Just as expected, Mariners hit four homers off ace Justin Verlander to beat Astros
- Analysis: What is the matter with the Mariners bullpen?
- What new roster rules mean for the Seahawks in 2022
Eugene Helder drove in the only run for the AquaSox, who were limited to three hits. Juan Camacho hit a double.