Spokane holds off late charge for 5-4 win, takes series 2-1.
SPOKANE — The Everett AquaSox made a late charge Friday afternoon, but it wasn’t enough to extend their season.
The visiting Sox scored four runs over the final two innings, but lost to the Spokane Indians 5-4 in the deciding game of the Northwest League’s North Division championship series. The Indians won the series 2-1.
The Indians will play the Eugene Emeralds for the league championship.
Jansiel Rivera was 2 for 4 with a two-run homer, and Cal Raleigh also hit a two-run shot for Everett.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: How does UW's QB situation measure up with the rest of the Pac-12?
- Sue Bird has an eye for basketball talent. Here's how she's using it in her NBA role with the Nuggets.
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After a season of change a year ago, Seahawks appear pretty set at tight end heading into 2019
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion grievances with NFL