Spokane holds off late charge for 5-4 win, takes series 2-1.
SPOKANE — The Everett AquaSox made a late charge Friday afternoon, but it wasn’t enough to extend their season.
The visiting Sox scored four runs over the final two innings, but lost to the Spokane Indians 5-4 in the deciding game of the Northwest League’s North Division championship series. The Indians won the series 2-1.
The Indians will play the Eugene Emeralds for the league championship.
Jansiel Rivera was 2 for 4 with a two-run homer, and Cal Raleigh also hit a two-run shot for Everett.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks 53-man roster projection: Seattle will have plenty of tough decisions come fall | Analysis
- Mariners mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- 'I can’t explain this feeling': Seawolves repeat as Major League Rugby champions with try as time expires
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events