Spokane holds off late charge for 5-4 win, takes series 2-1.
SPOKANE — The Everett AquaSox made a late charge Friday afternoon, but it wasn’t enough to extend their season.
The visiting Sox scored four runs over the final two innings, but lost to the Spokane Indians 5-4 in the deciding game of the Northwest League’s North Division championship series. The Indians won the series 2-1.
The Indians will play the Eugene Emeralds for the league championship.
Jansiel Rivera was 2 for 4 with a two-run homer, and Cal Raleigh also hit a two-run shot for Everett.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
- Report: Russell Wilson's future with Seahawks 'remains uncertain'
- Seahawks need to stay grounded, veer away from the surreal | Stone
- ‘It’s all love’: UW’s Byron Murphy and ASU’s N’Keal Harry prepping for first head-to-head matchup