Spokane holds off late charge for 5-4 win, takes series 2-1.
SPOKANE — The Everett AquaSox made a late charge Friday afternoon, but it wasn’t enough to extend their season.
The visiting Sox scored four runs over the final two innings, but lost to the Spokane Indians 5-4 in the deciding game of the Northwest League’s North Division championship series. The Indians won the series 2-1.
The Indians will play the Eugene Emeralds for the league championship.
Jansiel Rivera was 2 for 4 with a two-run homer, and Cal Raleigh also hit a two-run shot for Everett.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor raises 12th man flag, reveals he has spinal stenosis WATCH
- 'Where's Waldo': No. 10 UW Huskies make N'Keal Harry go missing and shut down Sun Devils
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies hosting another 5-star recruit on campus this weekend
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, highlights from Seattle's home opener vs. Dallas Cowboys