Jared Walsh and Jabari Blash wore out Tacoma pitchers, combining to drive in seven runs.
The Tacoma Rainiers scored six runs in the top of the eighth inning to make things interesting before losing 9-7 to the host Salt Lake Bees in a Pacific Coast League game Sunday.
Rainiers second baseman Gordon Beckham was 2 for 4 with two runs batted in.
Losing pitcher Rob Whalen (7-7) allowed four runs on eight hits in two innings. He struck out three Bees and walked two.
Justin Grimm then came in for Tacoma and didn’t allow a run or a hit in two innings.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
- Pete Carroll says Seahawks QB Russell Wilson is 'over-trying,' plus injury updates and more
- Mariners officially eliminate themselves from AL West title race VIEW
- ‘It’s all love’: UW’s Byron Murphy and ASU’s N’Keal Harry prepping for first head-to-head matchup
Jared Walsh of Salt Lake was 4 for 5 with three RBI and teammate Jabari Blash went 2 for 4 with four runs batted in.
Akeel Morris (3-3) was the winning pitcher.
Eugene 7, at Everett 4
The Eugene Emeralds scored the first six runs of the game and proceeded to beat the AquaSox in a Northwest League game.