This week's topics include the good and bad of the Mariners recent games, what to do with Ichiro and the roster, starting pitching, the team's most important player and player trade value.
The Extra Innings podcast is back for pre-game post before the Mariners host the defending World Series champs, the Houston Astros for a four-game series.
Beat writer Ryan Divish and columnist Larry Stone are back for their weekly chat on all things Mariners and Major League Baseball. In this week’s episode, they discuss the Mariners week that was, including series wins over Kansas City and Oakland along with the good and the bad of that stretch.
They also discuss the pending decision to be made with Ichiro and the roster, which won’t be simple. The podcast wraps up with answering a few questions about the team’s most important player, the starting pitching and Marco Gonzales and trade value of players.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Rod Jones, standout tight end on Huskies' 1984 Orange Bowl team, dies from suicide at age 54
- Instant analysis: Three impressions from the Seahawks' 21-7 win over the Minnesota Vikings
- 'Middle of the road'? Seahawks' Frank Clark has a message for Richard Sherman
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, how to watch, stream, listen as Seattle hosts Vikings on MNF
- Seahawks show off 'Green Machine' defense in near-shutout of Vikings on MNF