After hearing from multiple members of the Mariners front office last week, it's time to analyze and debate what was said.
The Mariners held their annual pre-spring luncheon last week at Safeco Field. Multiple guests including the team’s director of high performance Dr. Lorena Martin, director of player development Andy McKay, general manager Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais spoke to the local media. You can listen to their interviews on last week’s podcast.
After writing multiple stories off the event, Mariners beat writer Ryan Divish and columnist Larry Stone discuss and analyze all that was said by the collection of speakers. They analyze the comments and justification of a Mariners’ farm system that was rated No. 30 of 30 teams by ESPN and Baseball America. There were also more discussion about starting pitching and Dipoto’s reasoning on why the team isn’t adding another starting pitcher.
Most Read Sports Stories
- After fantastic catch, Mariners' Mitch Haniger offers fans some advice when players leap into the seats
- Analysis: Five questions needing answers as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- UW Huskies down Minnesota 5-2 to win NCAA softball Seattle Regional
- Cardiac Mariners, held hitless into the seventh, walk off the Tigers in extra innings VIEW
- Earl Thomas stays away from opening of Seahawks' OTAs as Bobby Wagner lets him know he's wanted