After hearing from multiple members of the Mariners front office last week, it's time to analyze and debate what was said.
The Mariners held their annual pre-spring luncheon last week at Safeco Field. Multiple guests including the team’s director of high performance Dr. Lorena Martin, director of player development Andy McKay, general manager Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais spoke to the local media. You can listen to their interviews on last week’s podcast.
After writing multiple stories off the event, Mariners beat writer Ryan Divish and columnist Larry Stone discuss and analyze all that was said by the collection of speakers. They analyze the comments and justification of a Mariners’ farm system that was rated No. 30 of 30 teams by ESPN and Baseball America. There were also more discussion about starting pitching and Dipoto’s reasoning on why the team isn’t adding another starting pitcher.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks Mailbag: Free agent rumors and rumblings -- Could a few former Seahawks find their way back?
- Inside the room: Edgar Martinez brings his trademark cool to Hall of Fame moment | Larry Stone WATCH
- Could Russell Wilson and the Seahawks consider the uncommon contract path of Tom Brady? | Matt Calkins
- Edgar Martinez, legendary Mariners DH, overcomes odds to make Baseball Hall of Fame in final attempt WATCH
- Way-too-early Pac-12 football predictions: Can Washington rule the North once again?