After hearing from multiple members of the Mariners front office last week, it's time to analyze and debate what was said.
The Mariners held their annual pre-spring luncheon last week at Safeco Field. Multiple guests including the team’s director of high performance Dr. Lorena Martin, director of player development Andy McKay, general manager Jerry Dipoto and manager Scott Servais spoke to the local media. You can listen to their interviews on last week’s podcast.
After writing multiple stories off the event, Mariners beat writer Ryan Divish and columnist Larry Stone discuss and analyze all that was said by the collection of speakers. They analyze the comments and justification of a Mariners’ farm system that was rated No. 30 of 30 teams by ESPN and Baseball America. There were also more discussion about starting pitching and Dipoto’s reasoning on why the team isn’t adding another starting pitcher.
Most Read Sports Stories
- With Paul Allen's death, it's unclear what happens next with Seahawks ownership
- What we learned from the UW Huskies' overtime loss at Oregon
- Paul Allen was a knight in shining armor for the Seahawks and Seattle | Larry Stone
- What the (inter)national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-3 trouncing of the Oakland Raiders
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went right against the Raiders and what it means