Prize Mariners pitching prospect Danny Hultzen struck out six and allowed one earned run in five innings, leading Tacoma to an 8-2 win over Fresno.
TACOMA — Danny Hultzen struck out six in five innings to earn his first win for Tacoma as the Rainiers beat Fresno 8-2 before 7,273 at Cheney Stadium Tuesday night.
The left-hander from the University of Virginia walked three and allowed six hits and two runs (one earned).
Mike Wilson hit a pair of solo homers and Carlos Peguero hit one for Tacoma (35-49). Peguero has 17 home runs.
At Everett 5, Eugene 4
Most Read Sports Stories
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- Edgar Martinez is on the verge of the Hall of Fame. Meet the fans who've been with him from the start. | Larry Stone
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
South African right-hander Dylan Unsworth pitched six innings for his third victory, as four Eugene errors helped the AquaSox (15-4) win a Northwest League game.
Alfredo Morales went 3 for 3 and Patrick Kivlehan was 2 for 4 with a double and two runs scored for Everett.