Prize Mariners pitching prospect Danny Hultzen struck out six and allowed one earned run in five innings, leading Tacoma to an 8-2 win over Fresno.
TACOMA — Danny Hultzen struck out six in five innings to earn his first win for Tacoma as the Rainiers beat Fresno 8-2 before 7,273 at Cheney Stadium Tuesday night.
The left-hander from the University of Virginia walked three and allowed six hits and two runs (one earned).
Mike Wilson hit a pair of solo homers and Carlos Peguero hit one for Tacoma (35-49). Peguero has 17 home runs.
At Everett 5, Eugene 4
Most Read Sports Stories
- These eight UW Huskies stood out through four weeks of spring football
- What are the Mariners thinking? Keeping Ichiro is purely illogical | Matt Calkins
- Huskies now turn their attention to Auburn. Here's what we know about the potential top-10 showdown
- Seahawks pre-draft notes: Pete Carroll says Colin Kaepernick still an option, and updates on Kam Chancellor and Malik McDowell
- Seahawks general manager John Schneider says team making 'less excuses' for draft picks WATCH
South African right-hander Dylan Unsworth pitched six innings for his third victory, as four Eugene errors helped the AquaSox (15-4) win a Northwest League game.
Alfredo Morales went 3 for 3 and Patrick Kivlehan was 2 for 4 with a double and two runs scored for Everett.