Prize Mariners pitching prospect Danny Hultzen struck out six and allowed one earned run in five innings, leading Tacoma to an 8-2 win over Fresno.
TACOMA — Danny Hultzen struck out six in five innings to earn his first win for Tacoma as the Rainiers beat Fresno 8-2 before 7,273 at Cheney Stadium Tuesday night.
The left-hander from the University of Virginia walked three and allowed six hits and two runs (one earned).
Mike Wilson hit a pair of solo homers and Carlos Peguero hit one for Tacoma (35-49). Peguero has 17 home runs.
At Everett 5, Eugene 4
Most Read Sports Stories
- Expect the Mariners to be trade-deadline buyers. So, who are potential targets?
- UW Huskies fall preview: Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp and one of the nation's top secondaries
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Where does Shaquem Griffin and his competition make our list?
- UW Huskies fall preview: What kind of impact can five-star LB Ale Kaho make?
- Mariners get back on the winning track after All-Star break
South African right-hander Dylan Unsworth pitched six innings for his third victory, as four Eugene errors helped the AquaSox (15-4) win a Northwest League game.
Alfredo Morales went 3 for 3 and Patrick Kivlehan was 2 for 4 with a double and two runs scored for Everett.