Prize Mariners pitching prospect Danny Hultzen struck out six and allowed one earned run in five innings, leading Tacoma to an 8-2 win over Fresno.
TACOMA — Danny Hultzen struck out six in five innings to earn his first win for Tacoma as the Rainiers beat Fresno 8-2 before 7,273 at Cheney Stadium Tuesday night.
The left-hander from the University of Virginia walked three and allowed six hits and two runs (one earned).
Mike Wilson hit a pair of solo homers and Carlos Peguero hit one for Tacoma (35-49). Peguero has 17 home runs.
At Everett 5, Eugene 4
Most Read Sports Stories
- Football helped Chief Sealth twins overcome impossible odds. Now their sights are on the next level.
- WSU flag will wave Saturday in Pullman on ESPN's 'College GameDay,' but the streak won't stop there
- In 7,000 miles, Tyrone Swoopes goes from his couch to Seahawks' starting tight end
- Huskies OLB Amandre Williams announces departure from UW
- Washington’s roadmap to the Rose Bowl: Breaking down the four-team race in the Pac-12 North
South African right-hander Dylan Unsworth pitched six innings for his third victory, as four Eugene errors helped the AquaSox (15-4) win a Northwest League game.
Alfredo Morales went 3 for 3 and Patrick Kivlehan was 2 for 4 with a double and two runs scored for Everett.