Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies.
Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Daniel Vogelbach put the go-ahead run on third after getting on base with an infield single and advancing on two errors. He was replaced by pinch runner Connor Hoover.
Adam Law was 3 for 5 with three doubles, three RBI for Tacoma.
The win moved the Rainiers within 2.5 games of first-place Fresno in the PCL’s Pacific North Division.
AquaSox 3, Volcanoes 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: How does UW's QB situation measure up with the rest of the Pac-12?
- After a season of change a year ago, Seahawks appear pretty set at tight end heading into 2019
- Sue Bird has an eye for basketball talent. Here's how she's using it in her NBA role with the Nuggets.
- Kaepernick, Eric Reid settle collusion grievances with NFL
- Washington football 2019 signing day superlatives: Who's the biggest get? The biggest sleeper?
Ryan Garcia had a solo homer to help Everett past Salem-Keizer.