Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies.
Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Daniel Vogelbach put the go-ahead run on third after getting on base with an infield single and advancing on two errors. He was replaced by pinch runner Connor Hoover.
Adam Law was 3 for 5 with three doubles, three RBI for Tacoma.
The win moved the Rainiers within 2.5 games of first-place Fresno in the PCL’s Pacific North Division.
AquaSox 3, Volcanoes 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- No matter how it plays out, Lorena Martin's racism claim against Mariners stains the organization | Larry Stone
- Safeco Field could become T-Mobile Field under Mariners' new agreement
- Bench coach Manny Acta defends Scott Servais, Mariners after allegations of racism by Lorena Martin | Larry Stone
- Three impressions from the Seahawks' comeback win over the Green Bay Packers
Ryan Garcia had a solo homer to help Everett past Salem-Keizer.