Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies.
Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Daniel Vogelbach put the go-ahead run on third after getting on base with an infield single and advancing on two errors. He was replaced by pinch runner Connor Hoover.
Adam Law was 3 for 5 with three doubles, three RBI for Tacoma.
The win moved the Rainiers within 2.5 games of first-place Fresno in the PCL’s Pacific North Division.
AquaSox 3, Volcanoes 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Can these top draft picks fill the shoes of the big names they're replacing?
- Ryon Healy still grinding, but he's running out of time to keep his spot with Mariners | Calkins
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Where does Shaquem Griffin and his competition make our list?
- Ranking the Seahawks’ roster: Who stands just outside the top 10 on our list?
- UW Huskies fall preview: Byron Murphy, Taylor Rapp and one of the nation's top secondaries
Ryan Garcia had a solo homer to help Everett past Salem-Keizer.