Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies.
Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Daniel Vogelbach put the go-ahead run on third after getting on base with an infield single and advancing on two errors. He was replaced by pinch runner Connor Hoover.
Adam Law was 3 for 5 with three doubles, three RBI for Tacoma.
The win moved the Rainiers within 2.5 games of first-place Fresno in the PCL’s Pacific North Division.
AquaSox 3, Volcanoes 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Former WSU quarterback Jason Gesser resigns amid sexual-misconduct allegations
- Seahawks mailbag: Why don't they go no-huddle more? What happens now to Shaquem Griffin?
- An inside look at Chris Petersen and Washington's somewhat cantankerous relationship with ESPN
- Seahawks need to stay grounded, veer away from the surreal | Stone
- The Final Word: Bob Condotta reviews what went wrong in Seahawks-Bears
Ryan Garcia had a solo homer to help Everett past Salem-Keizer.