Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies.
Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Daniel Vogelbach put the go-ahead run on third after getting on base with an infield single and advancing on two errors. He was replaced by pinch runner Connor Hoover.
Adam Law was 3 for 5 with three doubles, three RBI for Tacoma.
The win moved the Rainiers within 2.5 games of first-place Fresno in the PCL’s Pacific North Division.
AquaSox 3, Volcanoes 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mike Leach's tweet of doctored Obama video cost WSU $1.6 million in donations
- Seahawks center Justin Britt has not been happy with the officiating. Here's why.
- Pullman police video shows officer using Taser on former WSU football player WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' 27-24 win over Green Bay
Ryan Garcia had a solo homer to help Everett past Salem-Keizer.