Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies.
Andrew Aplin’s sacrifice fly in the eighth inning gave the Tacoma Rainiers an 8-7 win over the Fresno Grizzlies on Friday night at Cheney Stadium.
Daniel Vogelbach put the go-ahead run on third after getting on base with an infield single and advancing on two errors. He was replaced by pinch runner Connor Hoover.
Adam Law was 3 for 5 with three doubles, three RBI for Tacoma.
The win moved the Rainiers within 2.5 games of first-place Fresno in the PCL’s Pacific North Division.
AquaSox 3, Volcanoes 1
Most Read Sports Stories
- Expect the Mariners to be trade-deadline buyers. So, who are potential targets?
- UW Huskies fall preview: What kind of impact can five-star LB Ale Kaho make?
- More money would be good, but WNBA-NBA wage gap is about economics, not gender | Matt Calkins
- UW Huskies fall preview: How can Vita Vea be replaced on the defensive line?
- Analysis: The Mariners are on pace to make the playoffs. But ... how?
Ryan Garcia had a solo homer to help Everett past Salem-Keizer.