Dee Gordon, Jean Segura, Mitch Haniger and Ben Gamel gained no ground in the voting rankings at their respective positions.
BALTIMORE — Nelson Cruz was named the American League player of the week on Monday and joined teammates Jean Segura, Dee Gordon, Mitch Haniger and Ben Gamel on the American League All-Star voting update on Tuesday.
Cruz was ranked fifth at the designated hitter position with 424,914 votes. Boston’s J.D Martinez leads the position with 1,675,492 votes.
None of the other four Seattle players on the update gained ground at their respective positions from last week’s update.
Gordon remains third in the voting at second base with 395,253 votes, but Houston’s Jose Altuve is still the leading vote getter in all of the American League with 2,460,967 votes.
Most Read Sports Stories
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- Edgar Martinez is on the verge of the Hall of Fame. Meet the fans who've been with him from the start. | Larry Stone
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Tosh Lupoi's departure from Alabama could be Pac-12's biggest recruiting coup of the year
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Jean Segura remained fifth in the ultra-competitive shortstop voting with 504,985 votes, while Mitch Haniger (487,150) stayed at eighth and Ben Gamel (257,653) stayed at 15th in the outfield voting.