MANCHESTER, England (AP) — Manchester United could be without forwards Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial for at least two weeks.
In the 2-0 loss to Paris Saint-Germain in the Champions League on Tuesday, Lingard was substituted just before halftime with a hamstring injury. Martial’s groin problem saw him withdrawn before the start of the second half.
United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says the players will be “out for two to three weeks, looking at it now.”
It is a setback for United, which plays Chelsea in the fifth round of the FA Cup on Monday before hosting Liverpool on Feb. 24.
Most Read Sports Stories
- James Reimer, other NHL players who decline to wear Pride Night jerseys deserve scrutiny
- Why Drew Timme may be the best player in Gonzaga men's basketball history
- Mailbag: Will Seahawks find nose tackle in free agency? When will they draft running back?
- Seahawks bring contingent to Ohio State pro day to observe C.J. Stroud, Jaxon Smith-Njigba
- Julio Rodriguez provides the offense as Mariners beat Dodgers
The injuries could see Alexis Sanchez and Romelu Lukaku get more playing time. Teenage attackers Tahith Chong and Angel Gomes could also be in the frame.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports