ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP) — Malik Maitland had 29 points, tying his career high, as Bethune-Cookman routed South Carolina State 98-73 on Saturday. Cletrell Pope added 26 points for the Wildcats. Pope also had 10 rebounds for the Wildcats.
Shawntrez Davis had 13 points for Bethune-Cookman (12-14, 7-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference). Houston Smith added 12 points and six rebounds.
Damni Applewhite had 20 points and seven rebounds for the Bulldogs (6-21, 4-7). Lavar Harewood added 14 points. Janai Raynor-Powell had 12 points.
Bethune-Cookman matches up against Savannah State on the road on Monday. South Carolina State faces Florida A&M at home on Monday.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What to make of Seahawks' 2019 draft with L.J. Collier gone
- Seahawks release DT Al Woods as they continue to reshape defensive line
- Mariners' Cal Raleigh chases dreams one grueling workout at a time VIEW
- Why a Bobby Wagner-Seahawks reunion would make sense
- NFL mock draft roundup: How Seahawks' moves in free agency will affect draft
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap , using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com