BOSTON (AP) — Max Mahoney scored 19 points, Tyler Scanlon added 17 and Boston University beat Holy Cross 68-54 on Wednesday night to snap a four-game losing streak.
Mahoney was 9 of 15 from the field and grabbed nine rebounds. Scanlon was 7-of-11 shooting with three 3-pointers, 10 rebounds, six assists and three steals. Javante McCoy chipped in four 3s and 14 points, and Andrew Petcash had 11 points for BU (10-12, 3-6 Pioneer League).
Austin Butler scored 22 points to lead Holy Cross (12-10, 3-6), which has lost six of its last eight. Patrick Benzan added 11 points.
Caleb Green hit a 3-pointer to pull the Crusaders to 30-26 at the break. Scanlon opened the second half with a 3 and Mahoney scored eight points as the Terriers started the second half on a 16-4 run. Scanlon capped the stretch with a dunk. Holy Cross pulled within 11 points with just under five minutes left but didn’t get closer.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Mariners outlast Rangers, drop magic number to one to end postseason drought
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walk-off home run
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- What to watch for when No. 15 UW football faces undefeated UCLA, plus Mike Vorel's prediction