SPARTANBURG, S.C. (AP) — Fletcher Magee scored 22 points, Storm Murphy hit a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 17.5 seconds remaining and Wofford pulled out a 59-54 win over Furman on Saturday night.
Neither team led by more than five points in the evenly played game.
Matt Rafferty, who led Furman with 23 points, made two free throws and then a layup at the 1:01 mark to put the Paladins on top 54-52. Cameron Jackson quickly tied it with a layup before a Furman miss led to Murphy’s basket.
The Paladins missed their last shot and Jackson got a layup at the buzzer.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
Wofford (15-4, 7-0 Southern Conference) has won six straight and 13 of 15. The Terriers only losses in that span were to ranked teams Mississippi State and Kansas.
Furman (15-4, 4-3) has lost two straight and four of seven.