HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP) — Ricky Madison had a career-high 23 points plus 12 rebounds as High Point defeated Gardner-Webb 87-79 on Saturday night.
Although High Point led the final 37 ½ minutes, and by as many as 17 midway through the second half, Gardner-Webb drew within 82-79 with 1:27 remaining in the game. High Point answered with a 3-pointer from Jahaad Proctor and Madison made two free throws to close out the scoring.
Proctor had 16 points for High Point (15-13, 8-6 Big South Conference). Jordan Whitehead added 15 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Jamal Wright had six assists for the hosts.
Nate Johnson had 15 points for the Runnin’ Bulldogs (18-11, 9-6). David Efianayi added 15 points. Brandon Miller had 12 points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
The Panthers evened the season series against the Runnin’ Bulldogs with the win. Gardner-Webb defeated High Point 69-67 on Jan. 30.
High Point faces Radford at home on Wednesday. Gardner-Webb matches up against Presbyterian at home on Wednesday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com