ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Jordan Lyons had 25 points as Furman defeated Mercer 85-74 in the Southern Conference Tourney quarterfinals on Saturday night.
Andrew Brown had 14 points and eight rebounds for Furman (25-6). Matt Rafferty added 12 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Noah Gurley had 10 points.
Furman, the No. 3 seed, advances to meet No. 2 seed UNC-Greensboro in a semifinal-round game Sunday.
Furman posted a season-high 25 assists.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The XFL's Seattle Dragons are born, with a fiery green and red logo to match
- A year ago, he was named the nation's top football recruit. But J.T. Tuimoloau is just getting started.
- Sources: UW Huskies junior Jacob Eason wins starting quarterback job
- UW Huskies mailbag: Predicting their final record and which receivers are primed for a breakout
- Seahawk rookie Ugo Amadi says perfect play on punt tackle shows 'I'm not here just to play around'
Jaylen Stowe had 16 points for the Bears (11-20). Ethan Stair added 13 points. Djordje Dimitrijevic had 13 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com