ASHEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Jordan Lyons had 25 points as Furman defeated Mercer 85-74 in the Southern Conference Tourney quarterfinals on Saturday night.
Andrew Brown had 14 points and eight rebounds for Furman (25-6). Matt Rafferty added 12 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Noah Gurley had 10 points.
Furman, the No. 3 seed, advances to meet No. 2 seed UNC-Greensboro in a semifinal-round game Sunday.
Furman posted a season-high 25 assists.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Washington, D.C.'s NFL team changed its racist mascot. Now, a push for change in Washington state schools. VIEW
- Cal runner and local product Andrew Cooper helped organize the Pac-12 Unity Movement. Here's what he wants people to know about the players' demands.
- Quinton Dunbar to be taken off NFL exempt list and able to rejoin Seahawks, following dropped charges
- Armed robbery charges against Seahawks' Quinton Dunbar dropped due to 'insufficient evidence'
- 'You never set out to be the trailblazer': Kraken's Everett Fitzhugh embraces opportunity as NHL's first Black team broadcaster
Jaylen Stowe had 16 points for the Bears (11-20). Ethan Stair added 13 points. Djordje Dimitrijevic had 13 points.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com