MACON, Ga. (AP) — Jordan Lyons scored 24 points and the Paladins led throughout in beating Mercer 74-63 on Saturday.
Lyons was 10-of-17 shooting with four 3-pointers. Clay Mounce added 16 points, going 6 of 8, including 4 of 5 from the arc. Matt Rafferty added 12 points, eight rebounds and a steal, leaving him one theft short of the single-season school record of 64 set by Guilherme Da Luz (2002). Furman shot 58 percent and made 12 of 24 from the arc.
The Paladins (18-5, 7-4 Southern) beat the Bears (8-15, 3-8) for the seventh time in a row, including a 71-58 win on Jan. 3.
Lyons scored 11 points in the first half when Furman took a 34-27 lead. Andrew Brown’s 3-pointer began a 10-0 run capped by a Lyons’ 3 for a 66-49 lead with 4:46 remaining. The lead remained in double figures.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks cut rookie cornerback for breaking COVID protocol by trying to sneak a woman into team hotel
- Is it time to let Russ cook? Russell Wilson sure 'likes' the idea of the Seahawks cutting him loose earlier
- Analysis: As it hurtles toward an economic iceberg, UW Athletics will need numerous solutions to stay afloat
- Seattle Kraken releases long-awaited season-ticket pricing: Here's what it'll cost to watch live at Climate Pledge Arena
- Jose Canseco, Jay Buhner … Austin Shenton? Mariners prospect joins Cheney Stadium lore with 453-foot homer
Ross Cummings scored 16 points and Ethan Stair and Djordje Dimitrijevic added 10 each for Mercer.