LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) — Jordan Lyons had 21 points as Furman easily beat VMI 89-57 on Thursday night.
Clay Mounce had 16 points for Furman (15-2, 4-1 Southern Conference). Tre Clark added 13 points and Andrew Brown chipped in with 11.
Jake Stephens had 15 points and nine rebounds for the Keydets (6-10, 0-4). Myles Lewis added 11 points. Garrett Gilkeson had 10 points and seven rebounds.
Bubba Parham, who led the Keydets in scoring heading into the matchup with 22 points per game, shot only 17 percent in the game (1 of 6).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners manager Scott Servais shows first frustration with rookie left-hander Yusei Kikuchi
- Five questions for the Seahawks in preseason game No. 2 against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis
- What we learned at Seahawks practice: Like Earl Thomas once, Marquise Blair must earn Pete Carroll's trust | Analysis WATCH
- Mariners manager Scott Servais benches Mallex Smith for repeated mental mistakes
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Furman takes on UNC Greensboro (14-3, 3-1) on the road on Saturday. VMI faces Wofford (13-4, 5-0) at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights,http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC,https://www.stats.com