LEXINGTON, Va. (AP) — Jordan Lyons had 21 points as Furman easily beat VMI 89-57 on Thursday night.
Clay Mounce had 16 points for Furman (15-2, 4-1 Southern Conference). Tre Clark added 13 points and Andrew Brown chipped in with 11.
Jake Stephens had 15 points and nine rebounds for the Keydets (6-10, 0-4). Myles Lewis added 11 points. Garrett Gilkeson had 10 points and seven rebounds.
Bubba Parham, who led the Keydets in scoring heading into the matchup with 22 points per game, shot only 17 percent in the game (1 of 6).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Seahawks head to L.A. hoping to stay perfect on the road, move into first in NFC
- Eastside Catholic battles back in final minute to down O'Dea in Class 3A football championship VIEW
- Seahawks draft class of 2018 becoming a big part of Seattle's late-season surge
- Will Jimmy Lake's transition to head coach be a smooth one at Washington? History is on the Huskies' side | Larry Stone WATCH
Furman takes on UNC Greensboro (14-3, 3-1) on the road on Saturday. VMI faces Wofford (13-4, 5-0) at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights,http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC,https://www.stats.com