HOMEWOOD, Ala. (AP) — Jordan Lyons scored 17 points as Furman defeated Samford 90-81 on Thursday night.
Alex Hunter, Clay Mounce and Matt Rafferty added 15 points apiece for the Paladins. Hunter also had 10 rebounds for the Paladins, while Rafferty posted 11 rebounds and six assists.
Myron Gordon had 21 points for the Bulldogs (16-14, 6-11 Southern Conference). Kevion Nolan added 18 points. Josh Sharkey had 13 points.
The Paladins evened the season series against the Bulldogs with the win. Samford defeated Furman 75-73 on Jan. 26.
Most Read Sports Stories
- The XFL's Seattle Dragons are born, with a fiery green and red logo to match
- A year ago, he was named the nation's top football recruit. But J.T. Tuimoloau is just getting started.
- After DK Metcalf's surgery, Pete Carroll says there's a chance rookie will be ready for Seahawks opener | Injury updates WATCH
- Seahawk rookie Ugo Amadi says perfect play on punt tackle shows 'I'm not here just to play around'
- Who makes the cut in the first Seattle Times state football rankings of the season?
Furman (23-6, 12-5) will pursue its fifth straight road victory on Saturday in the team’s regular season finale against Chattanooga. Samford finishes out the regular season against Wofford at home on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com