NEW YORK (AP) — Jed Lowrie can earn a $500,000 performance bonus during each season of his deal with the New York Mets if he makes 550 plate appearances.
The Mets and the infielder finalized the $20 million, two-year contract on Wednesday. He gets a $5 million signing bonus, of which $1 million is due on March 15, another $1 million on Nov. 15, $500,000 on Jan. 15 next year and $2.5 million on Jan. 15, 2021. He gets salaries of $6 million this year and $9 million in 2020.
Lowrie would get a $500,000 assignment bonus each time he is traded. He also can earn award bonuses.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Mariners outlast Rangers, drop magic number to one to end postseason drought
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walk-off home run
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- What to watch for when No. 15 UW football faces undefeated UCLA, plus Mike Vorel's prediction
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports