CLEVELAND (AP) — Cavaliers All-Star forward Kevin Love remains in concussion protocol and his status for Game 1 of the NBA Finals is still unclear.
Cleveland coach Tyronn Lue gave an update Tuesday before the team flew to San Francisco for Thursday’s opener. The Cavs are playing the Golden State Warriors in the finals for the fourth straight year.
Love missed Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals at Boston after banging heads with Celtics rookie Jayson Tatum in the previous game. Jeff Green started for Love in Game 7 and finished with 19 points with eight rebounds in Cleveland’s 87-79 victory.
Love has played center and forward this season and is averaging 13.9 points and 10.0 rebounds this postseason. He sat out the 2015 finals with a separated shoulder.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Russell Wilson's TikTok about Subway sandwich draws mockery
- Mariners outlast Rangers, drop magic number to one to end postseason drought
- Mariners clinch first postseason berth since 2001 on walk-off home run
- As if these Mariners could clinch a playoff berth with anything other than dramatics
- What to watch for when No. 15 UW football faces undefeated UCLA, plus Mike Vorel's prediction