SAPPORO, Japan (AP) — Striker Anderson Lopes may be keeping his goal celebrations more down to earth in future.
The Brazilian celebrated his second goal of a soccer game in Japan by jumping over advertising boards at the side of the field — totally unaware there was a 3-meter (9-foot) drop on the other side.
In footage shared on social media, Lopes was briefly attended to by team officials. He appeared fine, got up and claimed four goals in total at Sapporo Dome as Consadole Sapporo beat Shimizu S-Pulse 5-2 in the J-League on Saturday.
In other matches, Shinzo Koroki scored with a penalty kick in the 72nd minute as Urawa Reds edged Yamaga Matsumoto 1-0, while Nagoya Grampus stayed undefeated with a 3-2 win over Gamba Osaka.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Impressions from the Seahawks' 25-19 preseason loss against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis WATCH
- Takeaways from Chris Petersen: Two defensive players go down, and could UW play multiple QBs?
- Analysis: Projecting the Seahawks' 53-man roster following their second preseason game
- What we learned from Seahawks-Vikings: Seattle knows what it has in DeShawn Shead | Analysis
- Seahawks notebook: DK Metcalf to have knee surgery Tuesday, Marquise Blair leaves with back spasms WATCH
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports