SAPPORO, Japan (AP) — Striker Anderson Lopes may be keeping his goal celebrations more down to earth in future.
The Brazilian celebrated his second goal of a soccer game in Japan by jumping over advertising boards at the side of the field — totally unaware there was a 3-meter (9-foot) drop on the other side.
In footage shared on social media, Lopes was briefly attended to by team officials. He appeared fine, got up and claimed four goals in total at Sapporo Dome as Consadole Sapporo beat Shimizu S-Pulse 5-2 in the J-League on Saturday.
In other matches, Shinzo Koroki scored with a penalty kick in the 72nd minute as Urawa Reds edged Yamaga Matsumoto 1-0, while Nagoya Grampus stayed undefeated with a 3-2 win over Gamba Osaka.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Three-star 2021 Texas running back Caleb Berry verbally commits to UW Huskies
- Larry Scott: Pac-12 preparing for alternate football scenarios, including spring season
- Former Sonics broadcaster Kevin Calabro steps away from job with Trail Blazers VIEW
- Coronavirus is surging again as sports leagues eye returns. Is this all worth it?
- Is this the year Seahawks QB Russell Wilson separates himself from the rest of the NFL?
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports