SAPPORO, Japan (AP) — Striker Anderson Lopes may be keeping his goal celebrations more down to earth in future.
The Brazilian celebrated his second goal of a soccer game in Japan by jumping over advertising boards at the side of the field — totally unaware there was a 3-meter (9-foot) drop on the other side.
In footage shared on social media, Lopes was briefly attended to by team officials. He appeared fine, got up and claimed four goals in total at Sapporo Dome as Consadole Sapporo beat Shimizu S-Pulse 5-2 in the J-League on Saturday.
In other matches, Shinzo Koroki scored with a penalty kick in the 72nd minute as Urawa Reds edged Yamaga Matsumoto 1-0, while Nagoya Grampus stayed undefeated with a 3-2 win over Gamba Osaka.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks wave 'bye, bye, bye' to the haters in TD celebration dance — and *NSYNC takes notice WATCH
- Seahawks tight end Will Dissly out for season unless 'something miraculous happens' WATCH
- Seahawks tight end Will Dissly suffers 'serious' Achilles injury in win vs. Browns WATCH
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson strengthens his case for NFL MVP with another astonishing performance | Matt Calkins
- 'Best player in the NFL': Russell Wilson's MVP buzz heats up in national media after Seahawks' win
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports