SAPPORO, Japan (AP) — Striker Anderson Lopes may be keeping his goal celebrations more down to earth in future.
The Brazilian celebrated his second goal of a soccer game in Japan by jumping over advertising boards at the side of the field — totally unaware there was a 3-meter (9-foot) drop on the other side.
In footage shared on social media, Lopes was briefly attended to by team officials. He appeared fine, got up and claimed four goals in total at Sapporo Dome as Consadole Sapporo beat Shimizu S-Pulse 5-2 in the J-League on Saturday.
In other matches, Shinzo Koroki scored with a penalty kick in the 72nd minute as Urawa Reds edged Yamaga Matsumoto 1-0, while Nagoya Grampus stayed undefeated with a 3-2 win over Gamba Osaka.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Pac-12 football player group including UW Huskies Joe Tryon and Ty Jones presents list of demands, threatens to opt out of 2020 season
- 'Heartbreaking': Mariners GM Jerry Dipoto forced to adjust organization to new realities
- Analysis: Five things to know about the Pac-12 unity movement and player demands
- Seahawks mailbag: Is there a deadline for a Jadeveon Clowney decision?
- Analysis: Jamal Adams brings needed position versatility and speed to Seahawks defense
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports