TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired defenseman Jan Rutta in a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.
NHL-leading Tampa Bay also got a 2019 seventh-round draft pick from Chicago in exchange for defenseman Slater Koekkoek and a fifth-round selection in this year’s draft.
The 28-year-old Rutta had two goals and four assists in 23 games with the Blackhawks this season. He also has spent time in the minors.
Koekkoek was selected by Tampa Bay with the 10th pick in the 2012 draft. The 24-year-old Koekkoek has five goals and nine assists in 85 career NHL games.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Now and Then? Mariners send Edwin Encarnacion to Yankees for prospect they already traded away
- Mariners Sunday mailbag: Could Seattle set a record-low attendance mark this week?
- He was the No. 1 amateur in the world as a senior at UW. Now, he's giving up professional golf.
- Lakers' trade for Anthony Davis something LeBron James and the NBA desperately needed | Matt Calkins
- 'I can’t explain this feeling': Seawolves repeat as Major League Rugby champions with try as time expires
The trade was announced Friday.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports