TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired defenseman Jan Rutta in a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.
NHL-leading Tampa Bay also got a 2019 seventh-round draft pick from Chicago in exchange for defenseman Slater Koekkoek and a fifth-round selection in this year’s draft.
The 28-year-old Rutta had two goals and four assists in 23 games with the Blackhawks this season. He also has spent time in the minors.
Koekkoek was selected by Tampa Bay with the 10th pick in the 2012 draft. The 24-year-old Koekkoek has five goals and nine assists in 85 career NHL games.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Ichiro announces his retirement after Mariners’ final game in Japan WATCH
- UW Huskies, coach Mike Hopkins agree to six-year, $17.5 million contract extension
- Ichiro, always a master of timing, gets it right again with his retirement | Larry Stone
- Mariners send Ichiro off with extra-innings win in final Japan game vs. A's VIEW
- Mariners teammates — and Ken Griffey Jr. — revel in pageantry of Ichiro's farewell in Japan WATCH
The trade was announced Friday.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports