TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — The Tampa Bay Lightning have acquired defenseman Jan Rutta in a trade with the Chicago Blackhawks.
NHL-leading Tampa Bay also got a 2019 seventh-round draft pick from Chicago in exchange for defenseman Slater Koekkoek and a fifth-round selection in this year’s draft.
The 28-year-old Rutta had two goals and four assists in 23 games with the Blackhawks this season. He also has spent time in the minors.
Koekkoek was selected by Tampa Bay with the 10th pick in the 2012 draft. The 24-year-old Koekkoek has five goals and nine assists in 85 career NHL games.
Most Read Sports Stories
- It's Washington: Top-5 recruit Isaiah Stewart picks Huskies over Duke, Michigan State, Kentucky
- Edgar Martinez is on the verge of the Hall of Fame. Meet the fans who've been with him from the start. | Larry Stone
- Jake Browning gets start, throws two interceptions during NFLPA Collegiate Bowl
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Will UW men land 5-star recruit Isaiah Stewart? Huskies will find out Sunday
The trade was announced Friday.
More AP NHL: https://apnews.com/tag/NHL and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports