WASHINGTON (AP) — Kyle Leufroy scored 18 points as Lehigh defeated American 80-66 on Wednesday night. Jeameril Wilson and James Karnik added 17 points each for the Mountain Hawks.
Jordan Cohen had 11 points for Lehigh (19-9, 12-5 Patriot League).
Jacob Boonyasith had 17 points for the Eagles (14-14, 8-9). Sa’eed Nelson added 14 points. Mark Gasperini had 12 points.
Sam Iorio, whose 14 points per game heading into the contest ranked second on the Eagles, failed to make a shot (0 of 5).
Most Read Sports Stories
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
- Tongan Olympian who became a viral sensation for his oiled torso asks for tsunami help
- WSU Cougars defensive tackle Dallas Hobbs ends football career, will pursue other ventures
- UW Husky men's win vs. Stanford wasn't just a victory, it was a message to the Pac-12 that they're better than expected
- Mariners mailbag: Answering questions on spring training, lockout timelines and uniform changes
The Mountain Hawks improve to 2-0 against the Eagles this season. Lehigh defeated American 83-76 on Jan. 16. Lehigh finishes out the regular season against Loyola (Md.) on the road on Saturday. American finishes out the regular season against Holy Cross on the road on Saturday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com