EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) — LeBron James has been cleared to practice with the Los Angeles Lakers after they return from their upcoming two-game road trip.
The Lakers gave the latest update on James’ groin injury Wednesday.
James strained his groin on Christmas. He will have missed 13 consecutive games by the time Los Angeles returns from the road this weekend, matching the most games ever missed in one season by the four-time NBA MVP.
The Lakers only say James will “progress towards a return to game play” after he rejoins practice next week.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners fall to Tigers, giving Toronto top wild-card spot
- Reactions to Kraken's new mascot, Buoy, roll in
- Can Geno Smith play his way into a permanent role with the Seahawks?
He will be sidelined for at least four weeks, the longest stretch he has been out in his 16-season NBA career.
The Lakers (24-21) beat Chicago on Tuesday to improve to 4-7 without James.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports