NEW YORK (AP) — LeBron James’ first game against the Warriors as a Laker drew nearly 2 million viewers, making it ESPN’s most-watched preseason game ever.
The Lakers’ 123-113 victory Wednesday night in Las Vegas was watched by 1.98 million viewers, the network said Thursday. A spokesman says that is the most viewers for an NBA preseason game on any network since at least 1994, which is as far back as the records go.
James developed a rivalry with the Warriors while meeting them in a record four straight NBA Finals while he played in Cleveland. His move to Los Angeles in July put him in the same division as the two-time defending champions.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks GameCenter: Live updates, highlights from win in London over Oakland Raiders
- Oregon vaults UW and WSU enters AP top 25, setting up ranked College GameDay showdown in Pullman
- 'It felt like we were at CenturyLink': Seahawks feel right at home in London laugher over Raiders WATCH
- There go UW's College Football Playoff chances. Now, the Huskies are fighting for their Pac-12 lives. | Larry Stone
- ESPN College GameDay heading to Pullman for WSU vs. Oregon game
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/tag/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports