LAKE PLACID, N.Y. (AP) — Justin Kripps of Canada drove to the win in a four-man bobsled race Saturday, as Germany’s Francesco Friedrich missed the podium for the first time all season.
Latvia’s Oskars Kibermanis drove to the silver medal, and Russia’s Maxim Andrianov was third. Friedrich finished fourth, though remained comfortably in the World Cup four-man overall points lead with one race remaining.
Monaco’s Rudy Rinaldi was the surprise leader after the first heat, leading by one-tenth of a second. But he crashed in his second run and finished 19th.
The top U.S. sled was piloted by Hunter Church, who placed eighth on the Americans’ home Mount Van Hoevenberg track.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Michigan defensive line twins Armon, Jayvon Parker announce dual commitments to UW Huskies
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Seahawks position review: Russell Wilson is still the Seahawks quarterback for now. But who will be behind him?
- Born with a club foot, Edmonds ice dancer Jean-Luc Baker defied the odds and is ready for his first Olympics
- Gonzaga legend and Basketball Hall of Famer John Stockton draws ire for anti-vaccine comments