CONWAY, Ark. (AP) — Hayden Koval matched his career high scoring 22 points on four 3-pointers and Central Arkansas held on to edge New Orleans 76-71 on Wednesday night.
Thatch Unruh added 15 points and nine rebounds for the Bears (10-10, 5-2 Southland Conference), who are on a four-game win streak. DeAndre Jones had 13 points and Eddy Kayouloud 10 points and six rebounds.
UCA led 38-34 at the break and Khaleem Bennett scored seven points early in the second half, including a pair of dunks, to help push it to 52-45 with 13:55 to play. Koval hit two 3s midway through and Kayouloud added a third for a 67-55 advantage with 8:12 left and the Bears held on for the win.
Bryson Robinson scored a season-high 28 points with eight rebounds for the Privateers (9-9, 4-3). Troy Green added 13 points and Ezekiel Charles led the team with nine rebounds.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Here's why Baseball Hall of Fame voters got it right with Barry Bonds and Roger Clemens
- Where things stand with the Seahawks' defensive coordinator opening as NFL teams make hires
- Mariners position overview: Could Seattle have something special brewing with its starting pitching?
- Seahawks position review: RB Rashaad Penny's late-season emergence may make re-signing him that much more difficult
- 'Dawgs helping Dawgs': How a fellow UW football alum helped former QB Cody Pickett avoid open-heart surgery