SOUTH KINGSTOWN, R.I. (AP) — Justin Kier scored 19 points with 10 rebounds, making eight of 10 shots, and George Mason beat Rhode Island 84-67 on Sunday.
Javon Green added 15 points and Otis Livingston II and Jordan Miller each scored 14 for the Patriots (9-8, 3-1 Atlantic 10).
Tyrese Martin’s layup brought Rhode Island within 19-17 before George Mason went on an 11-0 run with Greene and Jason Douglas-Stanley burying 3-pointers. Cyril Langevine made a pair of free throws before Miller’s long-reach put back at the buzzer put the Patriots ahead 38-27 and they led by double digits for most of the remainder.
George Mason finished 30-of-58 shooting with seven-made 3s and missed just once in 18 trips to the foul line.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Inside Russell Wilson's negotiations with the Seahawks: Why the no-trade clause was key
- Seahawks 2019 regular-season schedule is set — Seattle will get five prime-time games
- It's official: In Isaiah Stewart, the Huskies land their highest-ranked recruit ever
- Six (or more) standouts for the UW Huskies halfway through spring football
- With new deal, Russell Wilson has a chance to become greatest athlete in Seattle sports history | Larry Stone
Langevine and Jeff Dowtin each scored 15 points to lead Rhode Island (8-7, 1-2). Fatts Russell scored 11 and Martin and Omar Silverio each had 10.