SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. (AP) — Ajani Kennedy scored 15 points with nine rebounds and UC Riverside broke away in the second half to defeat Cal Poly 74-51 on Wednesday night.
The Highlanders led 35-32 at halftime and pushed the lead to nine with a 13-7 run to open the second half. That was only the beginning of Cal Poly’s troubles as the Mustangs scored three points in a nine-minute span that saw them fall behind 65-45 with 4:26 remaining.
Callum McRae added 14 points with eight rebounds, Dragan Elkaz had 14 points and Dikymbe Martin scored 11 points for the Highlanders (8-13, 2-3 Big West). UCR won its first road game of the season and has won its last two Big West games.
UCR, the leading 3-point shooting team in the conference at 37 percent coming in, made 10 of 20 from beyond the arc, led by Elkaz’s 3 of 5.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- What are the Mariners' odds to win the World Series?
- Mariners’ Jerry Dipoto ‘so proud’ of Jarred Kelenic’s breakthrough entering playoffs
- You can't tell the story of the 2022 Mariners without these 10 moments
- Mariners history quiz: Test your knowledge of Seattle's playoff drought
Donovan Fields led Cal Poly with 15 points, four rebounds and four assists. He made 3-of-5 3-pointers. Mark Crowe added 11 points for the Mustangs (4-13, 0-4).