SAN ANTONIO (AP) — Eddy Kayouloud scored 18 points, Central Arkansas built a 24-point second-half lead and the Bears defeated Incarnate Word 77-60 on Wednesday night.
Central Arkansas led 51-46 with 12:39 left in the game before going on a 20-1 run over the next eight-plus minutes to lead 71-47. The run was highlighted by a three-possession stretch in which Matthew Mondesir had a 3-pointer and a 3-point play followed by a 3-pointer by Kayouloud.
Hayden Koval added 13 points and seven rebounds and Deandre Jones had nine points with eight assists for Central Arkansas (8-10, 3-2 Southland).
Augustine Ene had 18 points with six rebounds for the Cardinals (6-11, 1-3) and Jordan Caruso added 11 points.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners' magic number gets lower despite their struggles continuing vs. Rangers
- Notebook: UW adds another DeBoer, Drone Gate rages on, and are secondary reinforcements coming?
- Why both Geno Smith and Russell Wilson have given Seahawks fans solace
- What's going on with Seahawks defensive end Darrell Taylor?
- These former UW classmates will improbably reunite on the field as competitors and Pac-12 sack leaders
Central Arkansas led 33-29 at halftime.