KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Katie Ledecky won the 1,500-meter freestyle Saturday for her fourth individual title of the week in a TYR Pro Swim Series meet.
Ledecky finished in 15 minutes, 45.59 seconds. The five-time Olympic gold medalist won the 200 freestyle, 400 individual medley and 400 freestyle earlier in the four-day event at the University of Tennessee’s Allan Jones Aquatic Center.
Anton Ipsen won the men’s 1,500 in 15:16.19 for his third title of the week. He earlier won the 400 and 800 freestyles.
Other winners of multiple races included Michael Andrew in the men’s 50 backstroke and 50 freestyle, Annie Lazor in the women’s 100 and 200 breaststrokes, Simone Manuel in the women’s 50 and 100 freestyles, Ryan Murphy in the men’s 100 and 200 backstrokes, Josh Prenot in the men’s 400 individual medley and 200 breaststroke and Regan Smith in the women’s 100 and 200 backstrokes.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Five questions for the Seahawks in preseason game No. 2 against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis
- Impressions from the Seahawks' 25-19 preseason loss against the Minnesota Vikings | Analysis VIEW
- Mariners manager Scott Servais shows first frustration with rookie left-hander Yusei Kikuchi
- Shaquem Griffin, an inspirational NFL story, might be on the bubble to make the 2019 Seahawks roster | Larry Stone
- UW Huskies back in contention for Sav'ell Smalls after 5-star LB from Kennedy Catholic releases top 6