DETROIT (AP) — Josh Harrison can earn $1 million in performance bonuses this year in addition to his $2 million salary with the Detroit Tigers.
Harrison would get $200,000 each for 150, 250, 350, 450 and 500 plate appearances as part of the contract announced Saturday,
He hit .250 with eight home runs and 37 RBIs last year. He missed time early in the season with a hand injury and played just 97 games.
Harrison spent his first eight major league seasons with Pittsburgh. He’s played second base, third base, shortstop and in the outfield.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Seahawks expected to part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., sources say
- Seahawks part ways with defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr. Here's who they could hire to replace him
- Ken Norton Jr. pays the price for Seahawks' defensive woes, but it's Pete Carroll who must adjust
- Kraken's new team dog already a big hit with players and coaches
- Analysis: What the latest Russell Wilson report means for the Seahawks
Harrison hit a career-high 16 home runs in 2017.
More AP MLB: https://apnews.com/MLB and https://twitter.com/AP_Sports