LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. (AP) — Stevie Jordan had 21 points as Rider topped Niagara 97-81 on Friday night.
Tyere Marshall had 14 points and three assists for Rider (15-13, 10-6 Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference). Anthony Durham added 13 points. Dimencio Vaughn had 11 points and eight rebounds for the home team.
Rider posted a season-high 25 assists.
Both teams set season records for scoring during the game. Rider scored 56 first-half points, a season high for the hosts, while the 54 points in the second half for Niagara were the best of the season for the visiting team.
Most Read Sports Stories
- John Stockton’s defiance of COVID-19 mask mandate forces Gonzaga to suspend Hall of Famer’s season tickets
- Superstar Breanna Stewart leaving Seattle in free agency would send the Storm back to mediocrity
- Mariners mailbag: What could M's get for Taylor Trammell, Luis Torrens or Jake Fraley in a trade?
- New Mexico running back Aaron Dumas announces transfer to UW Huskies
- Pittsburgh LB and team captain Cam Bright announces graduate transfer to UW Huskies
Marcus Hammond had 15 points, eight assists and six rebounds for the Purple Eagles (12-16, 5-10). Raheem Solomon added 10 points and six rebounds. Marvin Prochet had nine rebounds.
The Broncs improve to 2-0 against the Purple Eagles for the season. Rider defeated Niagara 104-84 on Jan. 13. Rider matches up against Iona at home next Friday. Niagara takes on St. Peter’s on the road on Sunday.
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
This was generated by Automated Insights, http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC, https://www.stats.com