BOONE, N.C. (AP) — Tyrell Johnson scored 20 points in 16 minutes, leading five into double-digit scoring and Appalachian State routed Louisiana 104-77 on Thursday night.
Appalachian State scored the first 17 points and the situation kept getting better for the Mountaineers. Louisiana committed 12 turnovers in the first half, leading to 17 points off turnovers and a 51-31 halftime lead for the Mountaineers.
Justin Forrest scored 17 points, Isaac Johnson had 10 points and 14 rebounds, and Hunter Seacat added 14 points and seven rebounds for Appalachian State (7-14, 2-6 Sun Belt). The Mountaineers improved to 6-2 at home.
Sun Belt player of the week JaKeenan Gant had 15 points and 10 rebounds for Louisiana (13-8, 4-4). Jerekius Davis added 13 points and Jeremy Hayes scored 12.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Mariners playoff times announced for wild-card series in Toronto
- M's sweep Tigers in doubleheader, set playoff date at Toronto
- Mariners fall to Tigers, giving Toronto top wild-card spot
- Reactions to Kraken's new mascot, Buoy, roll in
- Can Geno Smith play his way into a permanent role with the Seahawks?
The Ragin’ Cajuns finished with 21 turnovers and seven assists. Although they shot 45 percent overall, they were only 5 of 27 (18.5 percent) from 3-point distance.