BROOKINGS, S.D. (AP) — David Jenkins Jr. scored 21 points and Skyler Flatten 20 — each with five 3 pointers — as South Dakota State got past Denver 78-66 on Thursday night.
South Dakota State (13-6, 3-1 Summit League) shot 53 percent from the floor and made 11 of 25 from beyond the arc. Tevin King had 17 points for his ninth straight game in double figures. Mike Daum added 10 points and eight rebounds.
Joe Rosga had 16 points for the Pioneers (5-14, 0-5), who have lost six games in a row. Ronnie Harrell Jr. added 13 points. Donoven Carlisle had 11 points.
Jenkins had 16 points and Flatten 12 to help the Jackrabbits build a 47-36 halftime advantage. They shot 65 percent (15 of 23) and made 10 of their 12 3-pointers before the break.
Most Read Sports Stories
- Sounders, Reign ink new jersey sponsorship deals with Seattle-based online retailer Zulily WATCH
- Seahawks sign former first-round pick Paxton Lynch as backup QB candidate behind Russell Wilson
- Chris Petersen again taps into Boise State pipeline for Huskies' new wide receivers coach
- Washington gets outside shot going against Stanford, sits alone atop Pac-12 WATCH
- 'A 10 isn't enough': Bellevue native, UCLA gymnast breaks the internet with flawless floor routine WATCH
For more AP college basketball coverage: https://apnews.com/Collegebasketball and http://twitter.com/AP_Top25
Elements of this story were generated by Automated Insights,http://www.automatedinsights.com/ap, using data from STATS LLC,https://www.stats.com